[mythtv-users] An SSD for Backend OS / Database Drives?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Mar 15 00:40:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
...snip a bunch of stuff about SSDs...
> Can anyone comment about this analysis, do you agree or see it
> differently?  I presume some people have now done this, what has been
> their experience?

Look up my thread from about a month or two ago where I discussed my
switch to an SSD. I reported my findings, some others agreed with me,
while others said you can get the same with some mysql tuning (which
was discussed in detail in the thread).

As for SATA  2 vs 3, the real world speed of each is 300 MB/sec vs 600 MB/sec

--
Ron Frazier