[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 14 21:59:17 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 04:07 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
> From: raymond
>>> Would you mind explaining that a bit further?  I currently have a slave
>>> backend that I set up entirely for the purpose of processing jobs.  It has
>>> no defined tuners and very little storage.  I have NFS mounts to match the
>>> defined storage groups on my master backend (i.e. there's a /mythv_storage1,
>>> /mythtv_storage2, etc on both).  It works fine, but if there's a better way,
>>> I'm all for it.
>> Kill 'mythbackend', and then run 'mythjobqueue'.  Nothing more to it.
>> You've already performed all the necessary setup for the slave backend
>> you have doing the same task.  It will run indefinitely, processing
>> whatever jobs you have it set up to be allowed to, until you manually
>> terminate it through the terminal, or your distro's init system.
> Since doing this, I had a bunch of transcodes (only, transcodes, commflags are fine) fail.  I tried them all a few times, and they always failed.  I only do transcode jobs on the slave backend, so today on a whim, I shutdown mythjobqueue and fired up mythbackend on the slave and re-tried all those failed jobs....every single one of them succeeded fine.

Transcoding requires local file access.  Commercial flagging does not.

Did you have the file system with the recordings mounted (as the same
location as on the recording host) when running mythjobqueue?  I'm also
assuming that the recordings were recorded by some other host, right?
If they were recorded by the slave backend (i.e. recording host is
marked as the slave backend host name), the slave backend has to be
running to use those recordings.

Mike