[mythtv-users] Fedora 16 - ivtv - no signal?!

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:58:30 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 09:57 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Alec Leamas<leamas.alec at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> If not, exactly what ARE you referring to?
>> Oops, it should be PVR-150. It provides exactly what tvtime needs: a
>> mpeg2-encoded stream.
>>
>> One important aspect: all this worked fine on Fedora 15, before the F16
>> update. This applies to mythtv as well as tvtime, possibly also vlc's
>> capture device options.
> tvtime absolutely cannot read an MPEG2 encoded stream.  It supports
> raw capture only.  Are you sure you're not confusing tvtime with some
> other app such as vlc or mplayer (both of which can play mpeg2
> streams)?
>
> Devin (a tvtime developer)

I'm not confusing tvtime with any other app. But something is obviosly
wrong... it might be that I used it on another machine, I have three
myth setups, and sometimes it might be too much.

But all this is basically a sidetrack. For me, tvtime is rather
irrelevant, and I would prefer to close this discussion here. My real
problem is that mythtv stopped working when I upgraded from F15 to F16.
For me, it would be an advantage to focus on this, leaving tvtime aside.
Somehow I musthave mixed up the hree setups. Sorry for that.