[mythtv-users] 0.25 mpeg2 lossless transcoding works again! hallelujah! except...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:56:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/13/2012 11:46 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> You need to create a transcoding profile for MPEG-2 and set it as the
>>> default for MPEG-2 and mark the checkbox for lossless transcoding to do
>>> a lossless transcode.  (And use your imagination to get from the very
>>> loose description of what you need to do to how to make it work--I don't
>>> remember the exact process.)
>> that's what I'm getting at, the old location
>> Utilities/Setup>Setup>TV Settings>Recording Profiles>Transcoders
>> no longer exists, and I can't find anything similar, I believe I've
>> gone through all the setup screens now available.
>> as best I can tell this is no longer possible in 0.25.
>
> I think it got moved to mythtv-setup because the backend does the
> transcodeing, so it's backend setup.  The upside is it makes more sense
> and allows users to configure even if they choose not to use a useful
> frontend, but the downside is you have to shut down mythbackend to
> change it.
>
> Mike

all that I see in mythtv-setup is the recording profiles for the
different tuner types.

the best I found in the commit list is someone who had essentially the
same issue, and a ticket about implementing custom profiles in 0.24.

I just can't find where this is now, or if it was accidentally removed
with the intent to move it elsewhere.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!