[mythtv-users] Mythtv Daylight Saving Time Change Did Not Take Effect

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Wed Mar 14 11:01:03 UTC 2012

 > Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:34:56 -0700
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> From: rm.riches at jacob21819.net
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythtv Daylight Saving Time Change Did Not Take Effect
>
> > Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:28:53 +1300
> > From: tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythtv Daylight Saving Time Change Did Not
> >         Take Effect
> > To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >
> > On 13/03/2012 3:31 p.m., Andrew McCauley wrote:
> > > Hi All-
> > >
> > > I am in the US running .24.2-fixes with schedules direct with 1 lineup
> > > for over the air broadcast.  Today, I just noticed that for the last 2
> > > days (since Sunday) my recordings were off by 1 hour due to the daylight
> > > savings time change.  It seemed to fix itself after Tuesday.  Running a
> > > mythfilldatabase --refresh-today fixed today's listings.  Has this
> > > happened to others?  I saw that in past years it has happend to some
> > > folks using EIT scan.
> > >
> > > I just checked and saw that I have the "Perform EIT Scan" ticked in the
> > > Video Source Setup screen.  Would this be the culprit?  I am not sure
> > > why I have that ticked, so I will uncheck it.  Any other ideas why this
> > > happens and what I can to do so that it will not happen next time?
> >
> > This happens for me also (using the older 0.23.1.201000710-1) in the
> > first 12 hours following the daylight change, as I recall it happens
> > both ways, sometime thereafter it self corrects. Some of my national
> > peers report it did not happen however I don't recall them being
> > specific about testing in the 1st 12 hours.
>
> With the MythTV package supplied with Mageia 1,
> 0.24.1-20111019.0.1.mga1, it affected my recordings nearly 24
> hours after the change.  Sunday evening, it erroneously started
> recording at 9pm for a 10pm program.  In my case, fortunately, I
> have a manual schedule covering the same time for just such a
> contingency, so I watched that recording instead of the one
> recorded at the same time.
>
> Robert

Almost certainly the behavior you experienced can be
traced to having "Perform EIT Scan" checked. This past fall, last
spring, etc., I experienced the same scenario with a BE that received EPG data
from Schedules Direct but also had EIT scanning enabled. I would have 24 hours
of EPG data one hour off but as time moved forward, the corrupted EPG times
also kept moving forward.

I ended up having to dump all of the EPG data from the
database, disabling EIT scanning and manually running mythfilldatabase. Since then,
the problem has NOT reappeared.
 ~Christian