[mythtv-users] No video playback in mythtv 0.23/Mythbuntu 10.04 plus sub menus not working after upgrade from 0.20 and Mythbuntu 8.04

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 13 21:23:48 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 05:16 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 March 2012, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, you're probably using CPU+ Playback Profile Group (or, possibly
> > CPU++ or CPU--, but I'm guessing CPU+).  Those don't work with modern
> > video card drivers (since no one really supports XvMC, anymore), so you
> > need to change.  With ATI video card, you'll want Slim.
> >
> I've tried all profiles available in the list, from Standard to High
> Quality...
>
> It never worked properly...
>
> But I'll try again..
>
> I thought XvMC was removed.. Why would any profiles use it?

Yeah, my comment was primarily meant for the OP (though it's definitely
worth your trying Slim, too, if you haven't, since that is basically the
way we did playback before we had playback profiles).

XvMC was removed after 0.24, and the CPU+, CPU++, and CPU-- playback
profile groups were also removed.  So, since you're probably using
0.25beta, you wouldn't be using those.

Mike