[mythtv-users] .25 on Gnome 3 and I hate Gnome 3........

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:13:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Using thunar there's no way I can see to connect to a remote server
> via a ssh connection the way that nautilus has a 'connect to server'
> option, is this right?
>
> Also silly things like changing a filename open a sub function box
> rather then doing it in the thunar GUI directly, again is this right?
>
> Lastly I want to use Compiz and can't seem to get emerald window
> decorations working, is that right?

I use Marlin ( https://launchpad.net/marlin ) instead of Thunar.
Though it is still in development and crashes sometimes.   I don't
know about any graphical 'connect to server' functionality.  I always
do that sort of thing from the shell.

Also I can't help much with compiz.  I just use whatever was installed
by default in xubuntu.

This is getting pretty far off topic.

-Ryan