[mythtv-users] tv_grab_pt not working since one month

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Mar 13 09:03:03 UTC 2012

On 13.03.2012 08:56, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM, José Silva<jsantossilva at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> 1. Is there anyone wanting to fix this; I would really appreciate it.
 >
 > I think this is an xmltv issue not a myth issue. I would ask their
 > support channels.

web scrapers should just die, they are slow and regularly break
(leaving aside that many violate the grabbed site's ToS)

>> 2. Else, as the channels and programs are almost the same at the
>> competitor PT (tv_grab_pt_meo), is there a way to get the schedule from
>> meo but using zon as provider? Of course the channel frequencies are
>> different so, how could I do it?
>
> you can possibly use the meo grabber and line up their xmltvid's with
> your channel lineup.

That's the way to go as the grabber is using an official guide API from
SAPO. Which means it is not expected to break as often. (but they have
restructured their API documentation so the old link doesn't work
anymore :(

I vaguely remember a bug wrt grabbing lots of channels for many days at
once. If that happens for you we can try to split the work of the
grabber. (simple to test by not signaling the preferred method
allatonce which makes mythfilldatabase grab individual days)

 > Channel frequency has nothing to do with xmltv,
> there is simply a mapping between xmltvid in the grabbed xml file and
> a channel in a video source in mythtv.

Regards,
Karl

PS: I'm biased as I wrote the _pt_meo grabber to test the xmltv
     documentation.