[mythtv-users] Live TV recording file size double size of DVBViewer on Windows 7?

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:48:10 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 17:43, Andy Sheen <sheen.andy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> David Crawford wrote on Mon 12 Mar at 17:27 UK time
> > So any theories why MythTV doesn't capture the Teletext subtitles as
> > reliably as DVBViewer despite the bigger file size?
>
> Nope. You'd need to get streams that showed the problem (remembering of
> course not all programs are subtitled).

I have recordings that are definately subtitled that don't contain the
subtitles. For example, I set a program to record called "Sunrise" on Sky
news every morining from 6-9am and it records it half hour slots. What I
find is it hardly ever records all slots from 6-9 with subtitles, usually
just half.

Proving one of these records might be difficult though as the file sizes
are pretty big (900mb)