[mythtv-users] 0.25 mpeg2 lossless transcoding works again! hallelujah! except...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:20:10 UTC 2012


On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/11/12 12:02 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> big thanks to the dev's for getting this working again!
>>
>> I wasn't able to set it up as a job queue item as it fails out, but if
>> I run the command manually it works perfectly, which is fine, I'm able
>> to archive the recording easily that way with a bash script.
>>
>> I'm not quite sure why it's failing as a job queue though, as I'm not
>> sure what log level I need to set to get the proper debug info for it.
>>
> What settings are you using for the transcode?
>
> -JK

I'm using Autodetect from within MythTV, there is no specific option
for lossless transcode and when it used to work it was said to select
Autodetect to do a lossless mpeg2 transcode.

on the commandline I'm using
nice -n 17 mythtranscode --chanid <chanid> --starttime <starttime> -m
-honorcutlist -nodblog -loglevel debug -f /tmp -o <output file and
location>

which, as I said, is working perfectly on the few recordings I've
gotten around to setting up a cut list.

-- 
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
then search the Wiki, and this list,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
Mailinglist etiquette - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list