[mythtv-users] Live TV recording file size double size of DVBViewer on Windows 7?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 12 00:42:21 UTC 2012

On 3/11/2012 19:45, David Crawford wrote:
> can anyone explain why the file sizes are different
>
> DVBViewer recording:
> Video Bit rate                                 : 2 645 Kbps
>
> MythTV Recording:
> Video Bit rate                                 : 4 004 Kbps

Because they were recorded at two different times, during which the
broadcaster's encoder was running using different parameters.  Both
DVBViewer and MythTV are recording the video as it is sent by the
broadcaster.  The broadcaster was simply sending more data during the
show MythTV was recording.

> and why one has teletext subtitles and the other no
>
> DVBViewer recording:
> ID                                       : 512 (0x200)
> Menu ID                                  : 4704 (0x1260)
>
> MythTV Recording:
> ID                                       : 512 (0x200)
> Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)

My guess... it has something to do with the difference in this "Menu ID"
value, however I don't know what that is.