[mythtv-users] v0.25-beta-88-g7862c79 mythmusic scan requires loading music first

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:12:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sunday, 11 March 2012, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> This occurred a while back with 0.24 but it looks like the issue has
> >> returned in 0.25.
> >> In order to perform a "Scan for New Music" I first have to go into
> >> "Play Music" so that the music is loaded before the scan will
> >> commence.
> >>

> > If its a bug you want to report, trac is a better place to do it...
>
> I know, but I'm checking here first to see if anyone else has the
> issue or if this is expected behavior with the music rewrite, etc.

I have also seen the same behavior.  Using JYA's repo on MythBuntu 10.10:

joltman at hometheater:~$ mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-271-g1f83c0d
MythTV Branch    : jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg
joltman at hometheater:~$