[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Mar 11 20:15:25 UTC 2012

On 3/11/2012 15:45, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> what I should really do is have a slave backend running on my
>>> fileserver that is connected to the backend via a gigabit switch to
>>> also process commercial flagging. I think I'm going to do that now
>>> actually...
>> You shouldn't run a slave backend unless you want to record using it.
>> If you just want to run jobqueue tasks, use mythjobqueue instead.
> Would you mind explaining that a bit further?  I currently have a slave
> backend that I set up entirely for the purpose of processing jobs.  It has
> no defined tuners and very little storage.  I have NFS mounts to match the
> defined storage groups on my master backend (i.e. there's a /mythv_storage1,
> /mythtv_storage2, etc on both).  It works fine, but if there's a better way,
> I'm all for it.

Kill 'mythbackend', and then run 'mythjobqueue'.  Nothing more to it.
You've already performed all the necessary setup for the slave backend
you have doing the same task.  It will run indefinitely, processing
whatever jobs you have it set up to be allowed to, until you manually
terminate it through the terminal, or your distro's init system.