[mythtv-users] Transcoded recordings playback fails: audio failure, video stutters (was Last MythTV Gentoo ebuild... buffer issues)

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:56:56 UTC 2012

On 1/20/12 12:10 AM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 20 January 2012 06:24, jk90090<jk90090 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>> Mark (K), are you have any luck with this defect (#10212) ?  It's
>> driving me crazy having to wrap my transcoded material into matroska
>> container just to play them, and I don't have a lot of extra space to
>> support more than a week's worth of HD material before I have to
>> transcode it...
> Sorry - for some reason I just hadn't registered that that ticket was
> mine. I'll respond in the ticket.
>
> regards
>
> Mark

Does no one use this transcode feature?  Am I the only one frustrated by
this?  95% of my prior recordings are unplayable unless I roll back to
something before the mid November commits, and I really don't like the
thought of sitting on that older code forever.  Another month goes by,
be seen in the ticket at least), and I'm still showing the problem on
20120223 build of 0.25.

-JK