[mythtv-users] Poor playback performance on Mac mini

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:55:49 UTC 2012

Hi

On Sunday, 11 March 2012, Joe Nyland <joenyland at me.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am currently trying to investigate why my Mac mini frontend will not
playback live TV and recordings smoothly for certain channels.
> Some background info:
> Backend

> MythFrontend jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24 [v0.24.2-216-g247c4f1-dirty]
- Kindly provided by Jean-Yves Avenard

> MythFrontend jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24 [v0.24.2-216-g247c4f1-dirty]

I have noticed crap playback in the last fixes/0.24 build (same on my
backported branch and fixes/0.24). I don't even get any videos on mine,
just a grey screen.
Reverting to a version compiled a few months ago works well for me:
http://www.avenard.com/files/mythtv/mac/MythFrontend-0.24.1-jyavenard-intel-10.6v0.24.1-167-g7dc43af-dirty.dmg

It doesn't affect master builds

I can't look into it as I took the wrong power adapter for my laptop and
I'm flat.

JY