[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:24:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 3/10/2012 16:46, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> I noticed that metadata lookups are added to the job queue much like
>> commercial flagging and transcoding.
>>
>> is there a way to keep commercial flagging process limited in count
>> but still have the lookups take place immediately? I can't imagine
>> they use that much resource that having them run when they are called
>> for would be a large hit that requires being placed in the queue?
>
> At the moment, there is no mechanism for independent queues that would
> allow mythmetadatalookup to be run immediately.  Note that the task run
> immediately at the start of recording merely sets the season and episode
> numbers.  Artwork is not pulled until some time later as part of daily
> housekeeping measures.

but that task is placed in the job queue? so if there are 8
commflagging jobs already in there it would go at the end?

is there a way to force the artwork pull? does the metadata have to be
collected for the artwork to be pulled? is there a way to have it pull
the metadata for everything currently recorded?

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!