[mythtv-users] Some first impressions

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 07:46:37 UTC 2012

Hi

On Saturday, 10 March 2012, Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org>
wrote:

> I get channels 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3.  Are you saying I could record all 3
> (if I set 3 virtual tuners) off a single hardware tuner, leaving the
> other hardware tuner (in the HDHR box) still available to record
> something else?

Exactly. With a DVB card you can record all the channels on the same
multiplex at once

By default however, when you add a card in mythtv-setup; it is set to
record a maximum of two recordings per multiplex

To change the maximum number of recordings at once; start mythtv-setup; go
in the capture card menu; delete the card, re-add it and then in the
advanced option change the number for maximum recordings from two to
whatever you feel like.

Deleting the card and recreating it is important if you want multiplex to
work properly.
Note that live tv will have issues in 0.24; where you can get stuck to only
be able to watch channels in the same multiplex; however this is fix in
0.25 (finally)

If you use live tv often; the improvements made there alone justify
upgrading to 0.25 IMHO