[mythtv-users] Help Debugging Lirc: Silent on F16

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Mar 9 21:28:47 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 03:44 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 20:26, R. G. Newbury<newbury at mandamus.org>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for suggestions in debugging my lirc setup. The receiver is
>> an imon-pad and it worked nicely with the imon.ko module, the devinput
>> driver, its /dev/input/by-id address and /var/run/lirc/lircd socket.
>>
>> That was on Fedora 14. I upgraded to Fedora 16.
>
> The imon.ko driver has some known issues with some
> of the various FC16 kernel variants.  As discussed in
> this reference:
>     http://old.nabble.com/Imon.ko-and-kernel-3.2-td33142617.html
> You might try to revert the specified patch and rebuild the
> various components.

Thanks for that. iirc the F16 install is a 3.1 kernel but the upgrade is
to 3.2. I upgraded as part of the install. My imon device is a 15c2:ffdc
unit without the knob. (One of a number of not-quite-the-same imon units
hiding under the same device id, which could be part of the problem.)

As a quick-start, I'll reboot into the 3.1 kernel before patching and
compiling (Aaaah grey cells don't fail me now! It's been 2 years since I
rebuilt a module and it was the imon module then too!)

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury