[mythtv-users] Does .25 player support MP4 format and AAC Audio format?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:46:27 UTC 2012

On 8 March 2012 20:56, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 9 March 2012, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> When .24 was launched no one could tell me if I could control the
>> volume of a 6 channel AC3 stream using the myth volume rather then
>> using the AMP volume control.  In fairness though at the time people
>> said .25 was not too far away so I didn't pursue it.
>
> I don't recall ever reading that question. The answer is yes if you use the
> "software" mixer

> Actually, that function is available for 0.23
>
> In fact, all the features you mentioned earlier are also available in 0.23
> if you had used the patch stack I provided in my Ubuntu repo.

I run ferora and didn't want to stray off a 'vanilla' build given the
number of potential issues.

>> As I'll have to upgrade a backend and 11 frontends I was happy to
>> leave the working system as was until it was worth the leap, also the
>> family didn't fancy the thought of the system being down for up to a
>> week - to allow for any issues.
>
> A week???

As these system are still running Fedora 13 and .23 fixes and I have
both a mythtv server with 14 signal feeds and certain CI requirements
and a 11TB media server as well as the clients to upgrade I'm allowing
a week in case of any problems or issues, to allow any less would be
somewhat silly, to do it in less would be the objective.  I'll
possibly also look at fitting some DVB-T2 feeds, dual tuner only
please, if anyone has any recommendations, I see one of the hardware
candidates still doesn't support both HD and SD in it's drivers.