[mythtv-users] 25 RPM build. How to resolve new error with unpackaged file?

brad dreisbach bradd at ameri.ca
Thu Mar 8 23:13:50 UTC 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This has been working fine to date, but now there is an error on the
>> mythtv_build script below.
>> How could this be resolved?
>>
>> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
>> /home/mark/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/mythtv-0.25-0.1.git.1.fc16.x86_64
>> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>>    /usr/share/mythtv/hardwareprofile/.gitignore
>>

>> RPM build errors:
>>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>>    /usr/share/mythtv/hardwareprofile/.gitignore
>
> Did you use the build_myth.sh script to build your package? It uses
> "get archive..." should should have skipped putting git specific files
> in the tarball.

something is amiss with the build_myth.sh script.  i observed the same problem above as well.  i also noticed this, which I havent had a chance to look in to it yet, but its also strange.  this is how build_myth.sh is setting the gitrev in the spec file:

# MythTV Version string -- preferably the output from git --describe
%define vers_string v0.25-beta-63-g3474fc2

# Git Revision number and branch
%define _gitrev 1
%define branch master

so its producing rpms with a -0.25-0.1.git.1.fc<release>.<arch>.rpm