[mythtv-users] Has MythTV bricked my HD-PVR?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Mar 8 15:09:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012, at 07:41 AM, Michael wrote:
> I have two HD-PVR's on Fedora 16 that work without issue.  There may be
> a specific issue with Fedora 16 and your hardware with the HD-PVR, but I
> wouldn't say there is a general problem with that configuration.
>
> Michael

I'll be honest - I have heard people having issues with the 3.x.x series
kernel on some hardware for some reason.  I don't run your distro, and
others may disagree, but I have stuck to the older 2.6.x kernels since I
run some legacy stuff here.  Not that the HD-PVR is a legacy device, but
maybe that is why FC15 works better?

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com