[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:13:15 UTC 2012

On 7 March 2012 13:02, <joenyland at me.com> wrote:

> I've been using XMLTV in Myth for a good while now, but I must admit I
> miss having the ability to access listings for radio stations from Myth.
> How does one achieve this kind of setup - where listings for certain
> channels are provided by EIT and other channels are provided by XMLTV? I
> know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list, but I'd
> appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Nyland

Joe,

I find the easiest way to do this is via mythweb.  Go into settings and
then channel info.  Then  just tick "useonairguide" next to the channels
you want to use EPG.  Of course you need to ensure that EIT is enabled in
the appropriate tuner in the backend setup.

I have this setup in the UK, all channels that have XMLTV available use
that, otherwise, EIT is enabled

Cheers

Martin