[mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Wed Mar 7 08:36:07 UTC 2012

> From: Pieter De Wit <pieter at insync.za.net>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

> If you can spare the extra $, I would go with the 450. It was about $20
> more here so worth it, imho :)
>
> There is almost 0 diff between the two and the 430 will handle mythtv
> perfectly. I was looking at the 430 before I saw the 450 at $20 more.

If there is almost zero difference, why the more expensive one?
(that isn't a sarcastic question - I'm sure you had reasons, and I'd
like to understand them!)
>From a quick glance at Amazon, the 450 seems to be about 60% more
expensive here (up from £45 to £75ish), so I'd need a good reason to
make the jump.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vdpau says that using the High Quality
playback profile needs ">= 8600GT, >= 9500GT, GT120 or >= GT220". I
have little idea of how these relate to a 430GT - can I assume that
the 430 meets that description?

Thanks again for the help.

--
Simon Waldman