[mythtv-users] Issues with 0.25

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Wed Mar 7 08:06:51 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
On 6. mars 2012 3:27 Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 02:54, Terjesen Jens Peder ....
> After a bit more digging it looks like mysqld is using 90-100% of one core for long periods of time.

That type of CPU usage seems excessive even for a somewhat slow backend.  It is possible that your database is corrupt or has bad statistics causing high cpu usage.

As a first step, I would recommend you look at the wiki at:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance

and first backup the database, and then perform the steps regarding "Optimize the Database".

Also note that if you manually configured various mysql tunables in the past, you may need to review those settings (some of the recommendations from various past postings are no longer optimal).