[mythtv-users] 0.25-beta release

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Mar 6 16:30:44 UTC 2012

On 3/6/2012 11:04, Tyler T wrote:
>> My MBE is a P4 3.2 Ghz, 2Mb RAM, 7x SATA HDD, it runs ok under 0.25.
>> With the increased demand on mysql connections, it is now consistently
>> using 200Mb of swapfile (under 0.24.x it very rarely used any
> What else does your MBE do? Does it run KDE/Gnome? Is it used as a
> MythFE or for desktop applications?
>
> Reason I ask is, my headless 0.23 Myth BE-only runs on 512MB RAM and
> never uses any swap (unless I'm doing something like compiling Myth
> from source). Going from<512MB to>2GB seems like a big leap in
> consumption!

Right now, my headless master backend is sitting just under 14MB of
consumption, started yesterday afternoon with a couple recordings last
night.  Shared memory is a bit over 400MB.  The only reason he should be
swapping with 2GB is if he compiled something with too high a -j.
Running -j4 would probably be sufficient to push him into swap.