[mythtv-users] Issues with 0.25

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:26:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 02:54, Terjesen Jens Peder ....
> After a bit more digging it looks like mysqld is using 90-100% of one core for long periods of time.

That type of CPU usage seems excessive even for
a somewhat slow backend.  It is possible that your
database is corrupt or has bad statistics causing
high cpu usage.

As a first step, I would recommend you look at
the wiki at:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance

and first backup the database, and then perform
the steps regarding "Optimize the Database".

Also note that if you manually configured various
mysql tunables in the past, you may need to
review those settings (some of the recommendations
from various past postings are no longer optimal).