[mythtv-users] 0.25-beta release

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Mar 5 22:11:50 UTC 2012

On 6/03/2012 8:49 AM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> The release of 0.25-beta occurred last night just after midnight Pacific Time.
>
> The release notes can be found at:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25
>
> The actual commit that became the v0.25-beta tag is 20f2c45cbf.
>
> It would be a good idea to read through the release notes, as there
> are many many changes, big and small, and some of them will affect
> your setup in ways that you may not at first expect.  If you are using
> mythbuntu, I believe that their debs have already taken care of much
> of the startup differences, and logging differences.  If you have been
> building 0.24.x by hand, you will certainly want to look out for the
> changes in logging in particular.

Yes, Mythbuntu repos change the startup script and logging.  A restart
of rsyslog is required for the new logging to take effect, without a
rsyslog restart, all MythTV logging goes to /var/log/messages.

I have been running 0.25 in production for two weeks now, I find it
quite stable.  Mythbuntu users may need to adjust the MySQL
max_connections (on Mythbuntu located in
/etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv-tweaks.cnf.  I have found that max_connections
= 100 to be an workable number on my setup.

Regards
Michael