[mythtv-users] Mythexport for Fedora/CentOS installation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 21:23:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 20:54, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Isn't MythExport a developed-by-Ubuntu(-for-Ubuntu?) 3rd party project?

I concur.  Documented as a 3rd party addon at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Unofficial_Plugins

That does not mean "someone" (that would be
the generic someone) could not take the source and
port/package it for other distributions, but AFAIK no one
has done so (and be willing to commit to the on-going
work for newer versions as required) for Fedora and/or
CentOS.  Note that I do not know if it simply has
not been tested, or any changes have not yet been
made, or the wiki article is out of date, but it does
not indicate it works with master (to be 0.25).
Caveat Emptor.