[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Mar 5 01:50:15 UTC 2012

On 5/03/2012 8:25 AM, Stefan D wrote:
> Well you are probably right. But a few things i have learned during
> the years i have used MythTV. To make MythTV better you need
> developers. Most of the developers do the things they need and think
> are fun to develop. More so a few years ago, although i have seen a
> change lately. Now it actually seems that they think more about making
> MythTV more user friendly, and not only making MythTV work for their
> own pleasure. For that i give a big thank you to all developers making
> MythTV better for all.
>
> I do understand that it is more fun to make things you use yourself,
> but i hope they also get pleasure in making MythTV the best PVR
> software in the world. I have always seen MythTV as a project by
> developers for developers and since i'm not a developer i try to be
> happy with the features that work. And live with the things that don't
> work so good.

MythTV as a project by developers for developers, is linux considered a
Developers Operating System, or a real operating system.   MythTv should
have stopped considering itself a "project by developers for developers"
around the time specific distro's like "mythbuntu", "mythdora" and the
like emerged.
> Someday a developer will make LiveTV better. We'll just have to wait,
> or learn how to develop our self.
Id like to see the day that I can go down to my local Electrical
Retailer, and buy a TV that operates as a MythTV Frontend (and possibly
a SBE).  IMHO - MythTV is by far the best DVR around.  Much to the
credit of Developers past and present.
A mechanism to donate to MythTV could be considered, so we (the users)
can support further development.