[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Mar 4 18:08:34 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-04, at 12:41 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> Ideally a default "known good" channel could be set that in this
> situation the tuner would attempt to tune before kicking back out.

Even more ideal would be to have the UI remain responsive during tuning so you could simply change to another channel. I have a similar issue with distant OTA stations that become iffy during snow or rainstorms: playback halts and it takes 30 or 60 seconds for the thing to time out and return to the menu or to crash back to mythwelcome.

I suspect it's a lot of bother to implement and live tv isn't really why we install myth in the first place.

- George