[mythtv-users] Not compiled with any useable video output method

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:46:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I had a similar problem at some point.  It seemed to go away after I
> >> cleared out all the libmyth* libraries and reinstalled.
> >
> > ..and I had the same until I compiled and installed mythplugins.
>
> I don't understand what kind of a plugin change could cause core
> playback to change, but that's a better explanation of why clearing
> out libmyth* worked, and why other people weren't seeing the problem.

Not sure which of you was correct.  After I cleared out all of the libmyth
files, I re-installed mythtv core.  I then went to recompile the plugins
(which I did with a make distclean) and during the install I got errors on
mythzoneminder (something with mysql).  I don't use zoneminder, so I
disabled it and the plugins installed fine.  I may have missed the error
during the install the previous time and I cannot verify since I have since
deleted all of the libmyth files.

Anyway, one or the other, I have the frontend up and running now.  Thanks
for your help.

-- Ken E.