[mythtv-users] Odd message in hd-pvr ffmpeg -i output

Steve Harrington steve at the-harringtons.org
Sat Mar 3 20:47:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Steve Harrington
> <steve at the-harringtons.org> wrote:
> > Hi all -
>
> Any particular reason you sent this twice in 4 hours?  Patience is the key.
>
> > On one of my two HD-PVRs, when I run the command 'ffmpeg -i <filename>',
> > I get the following statement in the output:
> >
> > Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94
> > (60000/1001) -> 59.94 (60000/1001)
>
> Interesting.  Maybe you should ask the ffmpeg community?  This mailing
> list is for MythTV, not ffmpeg.

Sorry about the double post and thanks for responding - don't recall
sending twice yet clearly I did!

I posted here because I've seen discussions in the distant past about AV
sync issues with the HD-PVR and was wondering if that output would be an
indicator of a unit that exhibits those symptoms.  A search with the string
"Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate:
59.94 (60000/1001) -> 59.94 (60000/1001)" yielded no results on this list.
 Also, these recordings were made in MythTV hence the post here.

I should note that the HD-PVR with the "issue" is on a secondary backend.
 Also, I have not noticed anything odd yet but I thought I could nip any
issues in the bud if anyone else had seen something similar.

Thanks!
Steve