[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Has MythTV borked my HD-PVR?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:51:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded from FC12 (myth 0.23) to FC16 (myth 0.24).  This was a
> fresh install from DVD, and I used atrpms to get the binaries.   Now, mostly
> everything works, except my HD-PVR, which is pretty much useless now.   If I
> cat /dev/video_hdpvr (the udev mapping for the device), it works fine, and
> it will keep on going until I control-C the process.   When I try to
> schedule a recording with mythTV, the recording will start:

This is not a development issue, and should remain on the -users
mailing list where you've already been given the same answers you are
likely to get here.

In particular, I gave you instructions that work for me if I see this
occurring, and I saw no feedback as to if you even tried it.

Punting this back to -users.