[mythtv-users] mediamonitor working on master?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 2 16:28:06 UTC 2012

I have two frontends on master releases within a day of each other:

pc:    2:0.25.0~master.20120219.0c57031-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3
pvrfe: 2:0.25.0~master.20120218.f4a1079-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2

On pc, when I start up mythfrontend I get a dialog asking me to pick a
device from a list of optical and floppy devices.  On pvrfe I get no
such thing.

When I ask to play an optical disk on pc I get the same dialog and after
I pick the drive the disc is in it plays.

On pvrfe when I ask to play an optical disk it tries to read from
/dev/dvd and fails since there is no /dev/dvd.

Neither of these machines automatically start playing the DVD when it's
inserted despite my having the mediamonitor enabled and the option to
automatically start playing an optical disk when inserted selected.

So, how do I get automatically play on insert working and how do I have
pvrfe more intelligent with drive device paths rather than simply
falling back to /dev/dvd?

Cheers,
b.