[mythtv-users] Bad Recordings - Choppy - on .25

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 04:52:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

   I've been troubleshooting some bad recording issues on .25 for the
past few days and haven't been able to figure out the issue.  I have
two HDHR & one HD Prime.  Seven total tuners.  Whenever I record more
than one or two shows, the logs (with -v record) will output tons of
the following messages.

2012-03-01 23:45:16.849449 W [7383/7464] HDHRStreamHandler
dtvrecorder.cpp:1301 (ProcessAVTSPacket) - DTVRec(3): A/V PID 0x800
discontinuity detected ((1+1)%16!=6)  0.03%

And the recordings end up in horrible shape.   There doesn't seem to
be any other mythtv activity around when the errors start/stop (they
come in clumps it seems).

So far, I've validated that the cable feed is good, that I can watch
all the tuners fine through the HD config GUI, and that I can stream
four at a time to my mythtv BE using VLC without a single hiccup.  But
when I try to record in Myth, it falls apart.

I was also seeing some similar issues on .24 before the upgrade, but
not even close to the same extent.

Any ideas to help figure this out would be great.   I just upgraded to
Fedora 16 tonight hoping for some magical fix :)

Also, CPU usage is extremely high recording from HDHR devices.  I'm
recording four tunners and mythbackend is running at 193% (AMD
Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor).

Thanks in advance!

Billy