[mythtv-users] Issues with 0.25

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Mar 1 12:54:01 UTC 2012

I have been on pre-0.25 since early December because I kept getting missed or zero byte recordings.

The main functionality of scheduling, recording and playing the recordings have usually been working OK.

About two weeks ago I started getting periodically long startup times for the frontend, usually 30 - 120 seconds.
I can't see anything in the frontend or backend logs.

I also get periodic freezes in the frontend also usually 30 - 120 seconds.
I get the freezes when marking a recording as watched, when deleting a recording, when opening the EPG, when navigating the EPG and when scheduling recordings.

With about 500 channels on two satellites the scheduler uses about 20 - 25 seconds when I add a recording.
This combined BE/FE has a three year old AMD dual core 45 or 65 watt CPU.

The database and OS is on an EXT4 partition on one drive, and the recordings go to four drives with XFS using storage groups.

Now that I have got my new UPS working, would it be (reasonably) safe to disable barriers on the EXT4 partition?

Is it possible that the CPU could be causing this?

Have anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions where to look?

Jens