[mythtv-users] "Keep at most N episodes" fails to delete

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jun 29 14:52:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:47:30AM -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:
> On 6/28/12 5:28 PM, David Engel wrote:
> >The recording quality check is new in 0.25 and definitely needs work.
> >For example, it doesn't do a good job accounting for start-early and
> >end-late (and probably large pre/post-roll).
> >
> >In your case above, it's saying you have a 2 minute and 1 second gap
> >that didn't get recorded.  Did your recording start late for some
> >reason or did you manually stop it early?
> I think you've hit on the problem. The program begins at 18:30:00,
> but I have it scheduled to start 2 minutes late, since there's
> always at least 2 minutes of ads first.
>
> Looking in the backend logs, this same non-error is reported every
> day for this recording. So it seems there is an additional bug
> having to do with starting a recording late (not just early), and
> this is the reason for my recordings not expiring.
>
> Is there any way to turn off this feature, short of recompiling? If
> not, where can I find the code to excise?

There is a hidden setting named MinimumRecordingQuality that controls
whether or not a recording is considered to be damaged.  It's a
percentage and recordings with a score less than this value are
considered damaged.  Setting the value to 0 effectively disables the
recording quality check altogether.

David
--
David Engel