[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" slow - disable thumbnail/preview generation, or big SQL queries?

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:09:53 UTC 2012

 Niklas Brunlid <prefect47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to disable thumbnail generation for recorded shows? My
> combined backend/frontend has a lot of shows (currently 3094 entries in the
> recorded table and 19162 in oldrecorded), so entering the Watch Recordings
> screen takes 5-10 seconds, and I want to see if the thumbnails are the
> reason (either if they are regenerated every time or just the file access).

 "Watch Recordings" menu slow  :

This is biting me now in
0.25.0+fixes.20120626.25dd4ce-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1, my remote FE screen
is 1920x1080,  its %cpu  goes up while I navigate in "Watch
Recordings"; worse,  the response is visibly slow, enough for all of
my viewers to notice, and gripe about it.

(single AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, 2G Ram on my remote front end. )

is there a way thumbnails can be disabled, or any suggestions that
might make this better?

many thanks in advance!