[mythtv-users] analog tuner on HVR-1600 not capturing?

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 28 04:07:18 UTC 2012

Robert:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Robert Rust wrote:

> My apologies to those who subscribe to ivtv-users and have seen this
> already, but I'm having difficulties getting an HVR-1600 that I removed from
> an existing (and fully functional) MythTV 10.04 system to work in a new box
> that I built.  The tuner appears to get signal (when I use ivtv-ctl to tune
> it and MythTV finds channels during a scan), but dumping from /dev/video0
> (device for tuner 1) to a file produces a 0 byte file with no explanation in
> any logs I can find.  When I record, I get repeating lines my my log that
> say:
> DevRdB(/dev/video0) Error: Poll giving up
> MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: Device error detected
> DevRdB(/dev/video0): Stop(): Not running.

Back when I was using the Analog Side of my HVR-1600 Cards at first I was
"Fooled" into accepting "Analog V4L" as the Card Type since MythTV would
Probe the HVR-1600 Cards, although they only work with "IVTV MPEG-2" Card
Type selected...  Double Check you have the correct card type selected???

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)