[mythtv-users] "Keep at most N episodes" fails to delete

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jun 28 01:54:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 04:25:16PM -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:
> Since switching to 0.25 (-fixes), I've noticed that a recording rule
> I had set up in 0.24 to only keep the last three episodes of the
> nightly news isn't automatically deleting the older episodes
> anymore. I've checked and re-checked the recording rule and can't
> figure out the reason.
>
> It's set for "Keep at most 3 episodes" and "Delete oldest if this
> would exceed the max episodes", yet I currently have 9 episodes and
> have to keep manually deleting them.
>
> Is anyone successfully using this feature in 0.25?

Do any of the oldrecorded entries for your recordings not have the
duplicate flag set?  There is a debatable feature where damaged
recordings or recordings that you explicitly set to allow re-recording
don't count against the episode limit.  You can check the duplicate
status by pressing ENTER in the Previously Recorded screen and seeing
if you get the "Never record this episode" option.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net