[mythtv-users] "Keep at most N episodes" fails to delete

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Jun 27 21:34:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> Since switching to 0.25 (-fixes), I've noticed that a recording rule I had
> set up in 0.24 to only keep the last three episodes of the nightly news
> isn't automatically deleting the older episodes anymore. I've checked and
> re-checked the recording rule and can't figure out the reason.
>
> It's set for "Keep at most 3 episodes" and "Delete oldest if this would
> exceed the max episodes", yet I currently have 9 episodes and have to keep
> manually deleting them.
>
> Is anyone successfully using this feature in 0.25?
>
> --
> Dan Wilga                                                        "Ook."

I've been experiencing strange scheduler problems with pre-0.25
recording rules, too. Mine mostly have to do with failing to schedule
a recording for no identifiable reason. I had a regular "Any time on
any channel" rule for Futurama, and I had also added a Title search to
catch the occasional movie. Myth properly recorded last week's airing,
but tonight's was not scheduled and I couldn't tell why. I added a new
"Any time on any channel" and it became scheduled. I compared the new
record rule to the old rule in the database but I couldn't spot any
key difference. I then removed all the old rules and created a new
Title search rule and everything is scheduled again correctly. *shrug*

TL;DR: Try deleting and re-creating the rule.

Karl