[mythtv-users] HD-PVR stability: 0.25.0 versus 0.25.1

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:21:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am curious how 0.25.1 compares to 0.25.0 in regards to HD-PVR stability.
> The signal monitor for the HD-PVR was re-written for 0.25.1 to help with
> LiveTV.  Has this change made your HD-PVR better, worse or the same?
>
> Please include your kernel version, linux distribution, HD-PVR firmware
> version and STB model.

Worse. I've documented this in the mailing list, but basically, MythTV
can no longer be trusted to record anything. Some things work, some
don't, some show up as being recorded in the Upcoming Recordings and
"Status" mythweb pages, but no file or entry in the 'recorded'
database is made for that recording. I've gone and built a previous
version to get things to at least work like they did before which was
way more reliable.

ubuntu
2.6.32-24-generic
vendor_id = 0x000025f2 model_id = 0x0000f740
I believe Firmware 1.5.7

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!