[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play blu-rays?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:22:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Actually, I wouldn't mind having a go at this if it wasn't for the hell of
> working out what capabilities are already there, where the relevant code
> is and where best to add what's missing. I could do with a friendly dev.

Before investing even minimal effort, you should ask on the dev
list if (and how) patches would need to be created to be accepted
into the core project, since any such software defeats certain content
restrictions that may be of questionable legality in certain jurisdictions.
The example of requiring external keys (airplay) or libraries (libdvdcss)
not part of the project might be a guide (which allows one to stay on
the safe side of a very thin line), but only the core team could make
a decision.

Gary