[mythtv-users] Repeat last cut in cutlist editor, feature request

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Jun 27 13:54:56 UTC 2012

I regularly use the cutlist editor to cut out adverts from recordings (I
don't use automatic commercial detection as it doesn't work too well for
me). While doing this, I often notice that the advert breaks are exactly
the same length in a particular recording, e.g. always 4m23s, or always
5m18s. The length varies from one recording to another, but is often
(not always) consistent within a given recording.

Because of this, it would be great to see a new feature in the cutlist
editor to "repeat" the last cut. By that I mean that I would cut out the
first advert break manually, navigate to the start of the enxt advert
break, bring up the menu and choose the repeat cut option. This would
start a cut at the current position and end it such that it's the same
length as the previous cut. The cursor would also be moved to the end of
the cut, where I could tweak the end point if necessary.

I don't know who's working on the cutlist editor, but I would be pleased
if this could be considered.

Cheers,

John

--