[mythtv-users] MythWeb Recording Schedule

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 27 05:34:00 UTC 2012

(left broken quoting by broken Microsoft MUA because I have no clue
which quotes go to which level--only fixed the part I wrote)

On 06/26/2012 09:42 AM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:

>>> Sounds like your database is messed up--possibly a broken (probably by
>>> interruption) upgrade?
>>>
>>> What do you get for:
>>>
>>> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'SELECT * FROM recordfilter;"
>>>
>>> and did you encounter any difficulties with upgrade or have any theories
>>> how your database could have been broken?
>> It returns only those two rows (this series, this episode). I did have some
>> issues upgrading. Is there a list of the rules, so I can manually put them
>> in?
> I installed mythtv-database on another machine and manually inserted the details from the 8 filters from that fresh db to my db on my backend.  I checked each of the boxes on mythweb for a recording rule and checked the "filter" field in the record table and they were updated each time.  Appears to be a bit flag (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128).

You completely missed a very important DB upgrade (and who knows what
else went wrong), meaning your entire schema and data is suspect.  If I
were you, I'd seriously consider a partial restore to fix the schema and
throw away all non-re-creatable data (meaning any re-created data will
be valid)--because you may not realize what else is broken until it's
too late.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup

Mike