[mythtv-users] 0.25 LiveTV unstable

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Wed Jun 27 01:32:27 UTC 2012

On 27/06/2012 10:59 AM, Nick Gorden wrote:
> Wow, I thought it was only me that was having the issues. Came from
> 0.21 or something, can't see anything better at 0.25, but my backend
> suffered a hdd crash. 0.21 was rock solid, never quit, never had
> issues with changing channels, never quit when the show changes, etc.
> It just worked.
>
> 0.24 and 0.25 has been hell, I've even got rid of my pvr150 and using
> hdhomeruns now and still no luck.Crashes all the time in LiveTV. Video
> frame buffering failed too many times, well, all the time!
>
> The only thing good is mythbuntu does make updating a lot easier, so
> I'm on the latest fixes, so if someone actually figures out the
> buffering issues, at least it will be easy to update.

I dont use LiveTv a great deal, but recently have had no issue. Just the
other night I watched a couple of shows via LiveTV.  Slight delay during
program transition, but no big deal.  Currently running *mythbackend
version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25.1-43-g73bc45e]* on Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 12.04
*
*I have a LiveTV Storage Group, but all frontends/backends mount all the
storage group directories via NFS.
All storage group Directories are located on the MBE.  SBE and FE all
netboot using iscsi.
I run a Gigabit network on all but 1 frontend, (have not used LiveTV on
this Frontend)
All systems are FE are P4 - 3.x Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 8400GS using VDPAU,
backends are P4 3.x Ghz Machines
TV Signal is PAL via DVB-T Tuners

I still continue to mount storage directories via NFS, as I have had
issues with lagging / stuttering when letting the system stream via
MythProtocol.

Hope this gives you guys some ideas.

Regards,
Michael Watson