[mythtv-users] Mac OS X secondary backend setup problems

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Jun 26 17:26:05 UTC 2012

At 1:07 PM -0400 6/26/12, jrh wrote:
>On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:33 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>  > At 4:51 PM -0400 6/25/12, jrh wrote:
>>>  As subject indicates, I am having a problem setting up the
>>>secondary backend on a mac. I start mythtv-setup and it brings up
>>>the setup menu.
>>>
>>>  I can navigate through the top level menu using the up and down
>>>arrow keys on keyboard or the apple remote. However, When I try to
>>>go into the menus from the top level, nothing apparent happens.
>>>
>>>  I did try turning on full verbose logging, and saw the keyboard
>>>actions while i was trying to maneuver to the sub
>>>menus(particularly the general menu), however the general settings
>>>menu doesn't show up. Rather, nothing appears to happen unless I
>>>press escape to get out of setup completely.
>>
>  > If you are able to run the frontend, go into Settings>Appearance
>and change from the OpenGL painter to Qt.  Exit and now menus should
>work in MythTV-Setup.  I'd be interested to know if you can play
>back videos with Qt selected.  I can't play recordedTV (North
>American broadcast recorded via HDHomerun) or movie rips (mpeg2).
>>
>Changing to Qt did indeed fix my navigation problem in mythtv-setup, Thanks!
>
>As far as video playback when using Qt, I get sound, but no video,
>and the screen says Waiting...  Back to OpenGL painter for
>Mythfrontend! I am on North American broadcast as well, using HDHR3
>also.

Thanks.  Where did your OS X binaries come from?  osx-packager.pl,
osx-packager-qtskd.pl?  Do you know which version of Qt?

Also, I'm curious about running a slave backend on OS X, if you don't
mind.  Obviously, any backend could talk to the HDHR3.  Why set up
the Mac as a slave as opposed to having your primary backend control
the additional tuners?

Craig