[mythtv-users] Commercial detection on 0.25 a bit poor?

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 26 12:17:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,
since my recent upgrade to 0.25 I have noticed very poor
advert/commercial detection. Commercials are not being detected,
sometimes the show is detected as an add!!
The first 0.25 box I built was for my brother and he also complained
about poor ad skipping, I figured I must have forgotten unset "strict"
detection but now I'm not so sure.
I never had 100% success with commercial skipping but certain shows I
record the success rate was 99.9%. I actually used to use these shows to
show off ad skipping to my mates.

Has anyone else (particularly in Australia) noticed poor ad detection
recently? Is it just the networks doing something different? Is there
something different in 0.25?
Cheers,
Glen