[mythtv-users] The dangers of automated metadata lookup

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Tue Jun 26 11:55:53 UTC 2012

Hi All,

On 6/26/2012 9:28 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>wrote:
> Was this in "videos" or "recorded"?
     This was a show recorded via Free to Air digital TV and, hence, in
the "recorded" section.

      I'm using the Australian "Shepherd" grabber... so I'm not sure if
we get the series info in the XML.

     themoviedb.org does list the ID as "Rated: X" and has "plot
keywords" that reflect it's adult nature.

      It seems strange that if it found it in thetvdb.com I would have
thought it would use the metadata from thetvdb.com.

     Perhaps recordings should search thetvdb first, and fall back to
themoviedb and videos should search themoviedb first and then fall back
to thetvdb... not being a familiar with the code I'm not sure what the
best approach might be.

     It doesn't really bother me, I just thought it could lead to
unexpected embarrassment for others. Fore-warned is fore-armed and all
that I guess.

     Cheers,

     Doug