[mythtv-users] MythTV AirPlay noob

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 26 11:13:23 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Glen <glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com>
> wrote:
>         Thanks all.
>         I am on track now. I have just put the key in and tried to
>         play a video
>         my wife took on her iphone. It brought up a "please wait"
>         screen but
>         caused the frontend to crash. I am going to try with my ipod,
>         it
>         actually has music and movies on it... unfortunately it is
>         flat.
>         Fingers crossed.

> if you get any probs just check frontend logs for clues.  I couldnt
> get it to work initially but updating to the latest solved my
> problems.
> Airplays awesome, Ive got it working off my andriod phone with third
> party app.
> Does anyone know if there are plans to include images too?

Just successfully played music from my ipod, AWESOME! Cheers Dave, can
you give me the name of the Android App you use, I am an Android man
myself, just bought the ipod to test ipod/iphone integration with CCTV
systems.

I agree, images would be a plus, I tried playing a slideshow from my
ipod and it didn't work. It would be a huge WAF boost she takes lots of
photos on her phone.

I tried a movie from my ipod and it failed (a couple of frames appeared
with "seeking" up the top and then it locked up), just realised I only
have one movie on there and I'm pretty sure it is DRM because it came as
a free digital copy with my blu-ray. I may test more later but music is
a huge plus, I'll possibly forget mythmusic now.

Thanks again,
Glen